If we have not been able to contact you and your home or business has been affected, we wish to advise the following:
- Contents of any fridges or freezers may have been spoilt.
It would be prudent to make an inventory and take photos of the spoilt items (before discarding) to assist with any potential claims.
You may have some cover under your Contents or Material Damage policy – after allowance for your policy excess.
- For your business, please contact us if you are likely to suffer a financial loss due to the power outage.
Provided you have a Business Interruption policy in place, there may be cover for your loss of profits and any additional costs incurred to continue working.
Please note most policies have at least a 24 hour stand down period before lost profits can be claimed on.
We suggest the following information is gathered:
- Trading accounts dating back at least 4 weeks prior to the days of the power outage.
- Trading accounts for the same period last year to show a trend.
- Receipts/Invoices for any additional costs incurred to continue working.
Any potential claims must be notified as soon as possible.
Please contact your broker to discuss.